Monday, April 6, 2009

What Is That I Hear?

Have you ever wondered why things tickle your funny bone? Well, I believe God did that because He wanted to have a good laugh and He created us and decided that laughter was good medicine. Have you looked in the mirror lately?

Get this, my husband's name is Peter and my daughter is marrying a Paul. Does that sound familar? Peter, Paul and marry? My husband told me on our first date that he was going to marry me, and he did, and that's not funny! My daughter went on her first date that lasted ten days, and Paul decided that he was going to marry her and he is. How funny is that?

My husband can't stand the heat and my children have never been in a place that is hot and humid. Well, guess what? Our daughter and her fiance are not getting married in beautiful, sunny California where it has beautiful weather, but they are getting married in Alabama in JULY! It's not only going to be hot and humid, but the beginning of hurricane season! Now why would God allow them to do that to us?

When my daughter came home from her ten day first date, I started to hear this strange noise. First I thought it was a mouse. Thank God it wasn't. Then it sounded like someone screeched but there was no one there. At first I heard it at night. Then I started to hear it during the day.What it that? I thought maybe someone was fast forwarding a recorded message. But as it turns out, it was my daughter's cell phone. Whenever Paul texts her it would squeak! Now when I hear that sound I think of Paul. I told my daughter that I found a nickname for him. I'm going to call him "Squeak". I haven't seen him since he was a little boy and I can't hardly wait to meet him now, all grown up. Well, I don't know how he's going to feel about being called "Squeak", but it could be worse. I could call him "Little Squeaker". Now that's funny. Ha, ha, ha, hee, hee. I hope he has a sense of humor or that his funny bone is not broken. Maybe I'll just call him Paul, and leave the funny business to God. Who else puts the joy in our hearts. God does an awesome job.

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

HAHA! Mom, you made me laugh out loud at work! LOL I think he would like to be called "Sqeak" instead of "Tink" ROTFL!!!