Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Joy and Sadness

This moment I am thinking of a little girl who did everything early. She walked at eight months old, had stitches at ten month old, ran away from home when she was thirteen moths old, spoke very early that her pediatrician was shocked, but there is one thing that she did not do early. She fell in love. Oh she had her moments of puppy love, infatuations, and flirtatious moments, but nothing that had tugged at her heart.

We have always been very close. She was not only my daughter, but my friend. She was the oldest girl in the family, and she was my helper and a mother hen. There are six years difference between her and her younger brother, eight years difference from her sister and almost ten years difference from her youngest brother. She was always there for them as they were growing up.

She's my husband's sports buddy. They would talk about the Lakers, watch wrestling matches, and talk about baseball. He always enjoyed their time together when they would watch a game or talk about scores and games during dinner. I think he talked about sports with her more than anyone else.

Well, my little girl fell in love, and I'm so happy for her. I prayed that she would find the "one" God had for her. She never settled. She had faith in God to determine her walk in life and she even told me one time, "that if God saw fit for her to be single that she would be content." I told her that I believed that God had someone just for her, and He did. He's a very special person. He has to be for my daughter to love him and for him to love her.

Soon she'll be married and starting a new life in a different state, and I'm happy and excited for her to start a new adventure and journey with her new husband, but sad at the same time that she will not be with us. I think my husband is going to have a hard time with her so far away. My youngest daughter is going to have a hard time also, because she was also her best friend.

Our church will have a hard time finding someone to fill her shoes. She was in charge of the children's ministry and God gave her a special gift to touch children's lives. She found her calling in life, but I believe that God has better and more wonderful things in store for her with her new deserved life with the man of her dreams and heart. I know that as long as she loves God with her whole heart, soul, and mind, God is going to bless her life, marriage and ministry.

It's hard to let her go, but it's easy to let God's hands take her and lead her where she will be happy and blessed. Time is running out, where she won't be here with us in our home, so I am going to make it count what time she has left with us. She is a beautiful young lady and soon she'll be a beautiful young married woman. God lend her for a season and I am so blessed that I can say that I'm her mother and she is a reflection of me, my husband, and her siblings, but most important she's a reflection of God, and her faith, commitment, and love has molded her for this new journey in her life.

I'm happy for her and sad for me, but I'll survive, because she will always be my little girl in my heart and I will always be her mommy, and we will always be there for each other. I welcome my new son in law with open arms because now my little girl will be complete, for they will become one and I will be blessed knowing that God made them for each other.

Well my daughter and friend, I love you and will miss you, and I am happy for you both. Love is worth waiting for. Be happy.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, that was beautiful. I've got teary eyes as I finished reading that. You're such a sweet mommy to all your children.

Queen Catherella said...

Thank you Mom for this beautiful post. You had me crying at work!!

I love you so much and am proud to be your daughter. You truly are the best mom anyone could ask for....

.... keep your fingers crossed that we will make our way back to California before too long!

I love you Mom!!!

Cat

The Daily Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Daily Bee said...

Aw so sweet, mom. &heart; such a beautiful post.