Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Peter!


Today is my son Peter's Birthday. I can't believe that he just turned 27 years old! He is my miracle baby. The year he was born I had surgery for the second time for a pituitary tumor. They told me that this tumor came back twice as big and so fast that I had to have surgery. Well, God had already told me that I was healed. Guess what? They went in to remove the tumor and it wasn't there. God used it for his glory and there's so much to say, but I want to just get to Peter's story. Well, they asked us if we wanted any more children and my husband and I replied yes. They informed us that with this type of tumor it's impossible to have children. Two weeks after the surgery, SURPRISE !, I was pregnant. They wanted us to abort, but of course we wouldn't do that. If God allowed this to happen then it was going to happen. We believed and trusted God that what ever happened it was His will. They told us that the baby would be deformed, or stillborn, or even retarded. We told them that we were going to have this baby.

When Peter was born he was perfect! He was so beautiful and healthy. It was a miracle. The doctors told us to be thankful because God gave us a wonderful blessing. We already knew that whatever happened it was going to be a blessing regardless of the outcome.

Well, here it is 27 years later and Peter is still a blessing. He was the cutest little boy, always happy and laughing. He has a contagious laugh. He loves his family, his wife, his friends and his church family, but most importantly he loves God first and foremost.

He's talented, smart, and very creative and inventive. He has a way of looking at things that others don't see. He likes to figure things out. He's a thinker. He's very compassionate, emotional, very sensitive, and sometimes gullible. I think he's more like me than my other children, it's probably because, yes, I'll have to admit it, he's a mama's boy. We are very close and we like to spend time together. We don't spend as much time or even get to see each other that much because he has a full life with being a minister in the church, playing in the music department, teaching Bible studies, playing with his band, Down 2 Earth, taking care of his wife, helping people like the homeless, and the list goes on and on, but when we do have time together it's really great.

So, Peter, I just want to say Happy Birthday, and that I am kind of sad because you're all grown up, well almost, but I'm very proud of you, and more so that God allowed me to be your mother. You have so much to give and you truly are a blessing. Allow God to be "your everything", give Him your "everything", and allow Him to make you the man that He wants you to become. God has so many great things for you and Sonia. Search for Him with your whole heart in everything you do and you can't go wrong. You are the apple of His eye. I love you very much.

Remember your Dad's song? "There once was a boy named Pedo.....", you'll always be Pedo to me. Your nickname is special too, just like you. Happy Birthday Son, you deserve a wonderful Birthday. Love, Mom

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a wonderful pro-life story...and a beautiful tribute to your son for his birthday.

Purely Sony said...

(I thought I had left a comment, but I guess I didn't, sorry).

Awww...such a sweet post about Peter mom! Great post!