Well it's been a long time since I have written in my blog. Everything seems to be happening all at once! Things that I never even expected! Well, you all know that I have this rare tumor and I have been taking medication to try to shrink it before, supposedly, I have surgery to remove it. Well, I had one of the side effects, which was causing gall stones. I had to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. My doctor took me off the medication because my liver was high due to gall stones and it was so nice not taking those daily shots. I felt good, until I had "The Attack". Wow, never had pain like that before. Well, I had surgery and everything was fine. I am a fast healer, thank God, so it wasn't long before I was back on my feet. Then the doctors decide to put me back on the medication because my thyroid is off because the tumor wants to feed itself again. So now I'm back on the shots, but before I started taking them again, I asked the doctor if there was any chance of losing something else. They thought that was funny. I don't think so! Well, I believe that God is going to take care of that tumor. They tell me that I'm very healthy, and the only thing wrong with me is that I have a rare tumor. OK, God, what are you trying to teach me. Help me to learn it fast. This happened at the end of July.
My fa
ther-in-law had been ill and he was in and out of the hospital. Well, in August he fell and ended up in the hospital again. I was teasing him because he liked the soup they served there, that I told him that's why he went back, he laughed and said that was true. It was touch and go there and it amazed us that he always recovered and went home and got back into his routine. He was a creature of habit and if he doesn't follow his routine it throws him off. He's an Irishman, in fact in looks like a leprechaun, and he was a fighter. He was feisty, witty, alert, and had a great sense of humor. Even the doctors loved him and one of the doctors even kissed his forehead good night. That's what I call a good patient, doctor relationship. My mother-in-law says that the doctor is too young and looks like a kid. I guess anyone under 40 looks too young to them. My father-in-law was almost eighty years old when he passed away. He lived a wonderful, fulfilling, and exciting life. Going through his office and trying to straighted things out is quite an ordeal. His life was in that office and I learned alot about him that I didn't even know, for that matter my mother-in-law didn't know him as well as she thought. He saved so much stuff. Alot of memories from his past. The one most important thing that I learned is that he really valued and loved his family, including siblings, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, and people that he met during his life. Everyone was important to him.
Now things are getting done and I'm starting to make time for myself. I'm going to try my best to write more often. I'm going to try not to be so busy with "life" in order to enjoy my life. We get so busy that we some times forget what is important. I don't want to forget what is important to me.
My fa
ther-in-law had been ill and he was in and out of the hospital. Well, in August he fell and ended up in the hospital again. I was teasing him because he liked the soup they served there, that I told him that's why he went back, he laughed and said that was true. It was touch and go there and it amazed us that he always recovered and went home and got back into his routine. He was a creature of habit and if he doesn't follow his routine it throws him off. He's an Irishman, in fact in looks like a leprechaun, and he was a fighter. He was feisty, witty, alert, and had a great sense of humor. Even the doctors loved him and one of the doctors even kissed his forehead good night. That's what I call a good patient, doctor relationship. My mother-in-law says that the doctor is too young and looks like a kid. I guess anyone under 40 looks too young to them. My father-in-law was almost eighty years old when he passed away. He lived a wonderful, fulfilling, and exciting life. Going through his office and trying to straighted things out is quite an ordeal. His life was in that office and I learned alot about him that I didn't even know, for that matter my mother-in-law didn't know him as well as she thought. He saved so much stuff. Alot of memories from his past. The one most important thing that I learned is that he really valued and loved his family, including siblings, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, and people that he met during his life. Everyone was important to him.Now things are getting done and I'm starting to make time for myself. I'm going to try my best to write more often. I'm going to try not to be so busy with "life" in order to enjoy my life. We get so busy that we some times forget what is important. I don't want to forget what is important to me.

3 comments:
Aw, my Gramps, I miss him!
You've found some crazy stuff in that office of his. Your a busy bee, I guess that's why Gramms calls you her "buddy" lol
BTW - love your new header... who did it? gasp
Love ya, Marmee!
BTW - I tagged you, go to my blog and see.
Hi Mom! I love your new blog!
It's been a crzay year hasn't it? I also don’t want to forget what's important, but it's so easy to do sometimes. I love you mom and I am beyond bless to have you as mother-in-law! Thank you for all you do! I love you!! :-)
Post a Comment