Monday, May 26, 2008

Vacation Time!

It's been awhile since I blogged. I've been so busy being busy. There's alot going on here at the "home front". I get all caught up with daily living that now I can't remember what day it is. That's pretty bad. Sometimes I wake up and have to try to figure out what day of the week it is and then try to remember what I have planned for that day. I need a VACATION! Well, I'm finally going on vacation. It's been almost two years since our last vacation and we really need one. We didn't take a vacation last year in 2007 because of all that was going on. We didn't plan anything because we discovered that I had a rare tumor and I was probably going to have surgery, so that messed up our schedule. Then my mother got sick and passed away last summer. I was busy getting her estate settled so that took alot of my time. Then we had a new program in effect in my church and teaching Bible Studies took up alot of my time. It goes on and on and on. Boy am I tired. Then the holidays came along. We were waiting for the outcome of my surgery and then they changed it and started with medication which I have to inject three times a day. We really didn't know what to expect or what was going to happen. Now things are pretty much on schedule and we can time some time off.

I can't wait! We are going to one of my favorite places! We're going to Lake Tahoe! I love Lake Tahoe. My children are going to join my husband and I and we will be able to spend some quality time together. My family have been busy this past year and finally we're going to rest and relax. Thank God I'm not sick with any side affects from the medication. I feel great. God has kept His hand on my life and family. God has been so good to me. I have no complaints!

One of my favorite things to do on vacation is read. Now I won't have to feel guilty if I'm reading. I really enjoy that and so do my girls. I still have to cook and clean up, but it's different when you're not at home. My girls and I work well together and we have alot of fun doing it. Well, five more days and we're off!

2 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Yah! So excited. Last year was the first time, ever, that we didn't go on vacation... hopefully that won't happen again. =)

Jenster said...

I pray you all have the most fabulous vacation ever! We haven't had a real vacation since 2004 because of all the stuff we've been through so I know exactly how you feel! We're going to Hawaii in 7 weeks!!

Happy reading to you (and Deb, too, because I know how she is.)