Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm So. Thankful

Well Happy Easter everyone! What a beautiful day it is today. It's sunny, warm, and you can see the evidence of new life blooming everywhere. Easter is a time that we get together at my husband's parents house, and we eat alot of good food, enjoy each other's company and then we get ready to go to church. That's probably my best part of the day, besides being with my husband and children at our family's gathering. I get to be with them in church and give thanks to God, that He made that perfect sacrifice so that we could live. I was thinking about that this morning, of how it must have felt for Jesus, knowing that he was going to sacrifice himself on the cross and take on all our sins, and Him being without sin. Now, that's True Love, unconditional love, that's what I would call "complete sell out" of self to give of one self. I am so blessed today and so thankful that I know who God is. I have so much in my heart that words cannot even come close in expressing myself of God's love for me and my loved one. He's truly "everything" to me and I love Him. I love Him not for the things He's done for me, but of who He is. It's truly a "beautiful and blessed day. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Happy Easter, Mama!

Wasn't it a goo day? So much fun and incredible service!

Queen Catherella said...

Happy Easter Mom!

It was such a great day! and of course you know that I'm never too old for an Easter basket!!!

Thanks for all the goodies!!!!

Mmmmmmmmm!!!!