Saturday, March 29, 2008
Expect Great Things To Come
The other night I was talking to my youngest daughter and told her "When you expect things to come out the way you expect and they don't, sometimes you get discouraged, but that doesn't mean that it's not gong to happen". I told her this the day before I had my doctor's appointment. Well, I had a doctor's appointment this last week and I was hoping for results from the medication that I am taking to shrink my tumor since my last visit. Well, as it turned out, nothing has changed since my last visit. Here I was visualizing some good news and it didn't come the way that I expected. I was thinking about it the whole time the doctor was speaking to me. To tell you the truth, I was surprised. He asked me if I have been thinking about surgery and I told him the truth, that I was expecting to have some change so that I can eventually have the surgery through my sinus region. I told him that if I do have surgery soon, that he'll probably have to give me a cranium surgery. He said that was correct. I was disappointed. He told me that there was so rush at this time since there was no danger of having a stroke. Well, when I left, it was all I could do was to try to act natural and not look discouraged. Well, on the way home, I had to rebuke myself for my lack of faith and doubt and remind myself that God was still in control. I did have "good results"! I'm in no danger, the doctor is not rushed to perform surgery, the medication had brought my body back to normal, I have so symptoms of the tumor, I have no pain, I am not on other medications for any side effects for the medication I am taking and I feel great. What more can I ask? God doesn't answer the way we think He should answer, or the way we think He will do it. I told myself that I will encourage myself in the Lord, just like King David. I might have tears now, but Joy will come in the morning. I have to let God be God. I might have slipped for a few minutes, but I'm on track again and I'm still walking, in Him. Sometimes God has to allow us to go through things in order for us to remember that we need Him and that He loves us. I know He loves me, all I have to do is look at my family, friends, and everything He has created just for me to enjoy. I am more than blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great post, Mom.
He's got it all handled. It will be interesting to see how He fixes things because we know He is going to... It's just a matter of when right?
Post a Comment