Saturday, March 15, 2008

Together with my Sisters

Well, this last Friday, my three sisters and I went and visited my mother's gravesite for the first time since her marker was placed. I thought that it might be a very emotional experience and that my sisters wouldn't be able to handle it. Well, God was so gracious, that He gave us peace and joy during our visit at my parents gravesite. It's been almost nine months since my mother passed away. We sat around and talked about old times and my grand nephew came along. Cristian is 21 months old and he seemed to enjoy being there. It was very beautiful and peaceful. One of the hightlights of our visit was when my nephew threw his soccer ball and it went down the hill. My parents gravesite is on a hill and it doesn't level off until you get to the bottom by the main gate. It was so funny seeing my sister Terry (Cristian's grandma) run after that ball. It's a good thing she caught it before it went any farther. It went through two sections of the cementary. Well, she got her exercise for the day! My sisters and I hardly spend anytime together because of our schedules, families, and distant of where we live. It was nice. I reget that we couldn't have been together more often with my mother, but God knows. I think this visit helped me accept the fact that my mother is gone, but one day I shall see her again in Heaven. She's probably the life of the party! She was a shy person but she also loved to laugh and have fun. I miss her but I know she still lives in me. I am my mother's daughter and I thank God for her.

1 comment:

The Daily Bee said...

Aw, Mom, that was a good post. I laugh everytime I picture Terry running down the hills chasing a Sponge Bob ball. lol