Today I received good news! I guess I should give you some background before I tell you the news. I was diagnoised this past April 2007 with a very rare pituatary tumor. It's pretty large, big as a golf ball and it has fingers extending from it going into parts of my brain. At the time I received the news my mother had just gotten sick and I never told her. She passed away in June 2007. She would have worried, but I knew that God had it under control and I didn't want her to fret. This is the third time that I have had a tumor in my head, the last one in 1981. I have no symptoms, no pain, nothing wrong with me, except I have this rare tumor. I guess you can say that God loves me so much that if I was going to have a tumor He gave me the rarest kind of tumor where only less than 1% of people ever get it. I believe that God has a purpose in my life and will use this to reveal His greatness, love, mercy, and glory. He's a wonderful God. My surgeon wanted to do surgery right away, but my internist wanted to try medication. My surgeon said that he doesn't think it would help but agreed to try the medication. I've been taking the medication for about four months and today when I went to see the surgeon he said "I believe that the tumor has shrunk a little" and keep doing what I'm doing. I will not have to take a MRI for three months. I'm happy, my family is happy, my doctors are happy, and I know that Jesus is happy for me too. I have to take three shots a day of this very rare medication, but through this situation, I have been able to share my faith with my doctors, nurses, and people that I meet. By the way, God healed me in 1981. When I had surgery because every test I took while I was in the hospital indicated that the tumor I had the previous year grew back too fast and twice as big, that during the long surgery they could not find the tumor. No tumor, wow, imagine that! It was for a purpose, because of it God brought some of my family into the faith. Let's see what God had planned for this adventure. As long as He is God and I'm in His perfect will, I've got it made! My God is soooooo Good!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Mom, you sound exaclty as I feel, elated! Yah!!
BTW - great day to learn of this news.
Hi Mom!
SO HAPPY! GOD IS SO GOD!!!
THANK YOU JESUS! :-)
~Sonia
YAY MOM!
It is a great way to start out the year. I bet you can't wait until those pesky shots are done too!
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is happy for you!!!
hahahahaha!!!!
Cat
Deb has shared about your tumor and you've been prayed for by so many people. God has been given glory through you to people you don't even know! He is good.
Hi Debs mom!
Deb shared about that rare tumor on her blog, and whenever I think about it, I pray for you. Praise the Lord for that miraculous healing in 1981, and for the shrinking of this tumor!
It is amazing how the Lord seems to use His willing servants to share the Good News with all the doctors, nurses, etc. they come into contact with during the course of their treatment. Your faithfulness brings Him honor and glory. You go, Mama B!
Post a Comment