Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Day, New Year

Hello New Year! I realize that most of us say that we are going to do better this coming year. We have our New Year's Resolutions and we really believe that we can strive to do better which is great, but because we live in the world we live in and because of "everyday living" we tend to fall short. That's okay. We don't need to beat ourselves up, feel discouraged, or even think less of ourselves because we failed. That's the whole lesson, we fail, but we learn from our failures. We get up, brush the debris off, take that first step and keep on going. That's not failing. What a failure is, is someone who doesn't try. God knows we fail everyday. We fall short of being perfect, but the perfecting is the exciting part of life. How can we experience the joy and triumph if we don't experience the hurt and defeat. We are molded into better people. We can minister unto others because of our failures. We can rejoice with others because of our triumphs. We are who we are. If we allow God to mold us we will feel the pull, the punches, the resistance in the molding, but what a "product" of His molding hands we will become. To be useful vessel in His hands. I will not make a New Year's Resolution, but will commit everyday to do better. It's a day to day process. It's everyday living with a sincere heart trusting God to make me a better person day by day. I believe that this year will be a banner year for me and my family, but it doesn't happen by just stating that it will be, it's by living it day by day toward the perfect will of God. His thoughts are not our thoughts, His ways are not our ways, but whatever state or place I find myself, I will be content. I guess you can say that my real New Year's Resolution is to be content day by day for the year. 2008, are you ready! Today's a new day. Today is the first day of my life for 2008.

4 comments:

The Daily Bee said...

Hi Mom! You'e come out! =)

I'm excited about sharing you with others!

Queen Catherella said...

Hey Mom,
Love your new blog. You are an excellent writer and always have great words of wisdom to share!

LOVE YOU!
Queenie Cat

Jenster said...

Your first post is going to be a hard act to follow! Deb was right. You are a great writer. I'm looking forward to reading more through the year.

Purely Sony said...

Hi Mom! I am so glad you got a blog that you can share! I love it, your picture is so cute!

I love reading your blog, you are such a great writer!

Love you! :-)